Friday, May 7, 2010

Carb Day!

No, not the 500 kind of Carb Day. The day where I'm allowed and supposed to eat plenty of breads and pasta! The little cold I fell down with on Wednesday seems to have dissipated. Yesterday I still sounded like a man all day with my nose stopped up and a scratchy throat, but I felt better. By the end of the day, I even felt great--on my drive home I had the thought, "If the mini were right now, I feel confident I could do it, with energy."

I had a full day of working out yesterday. I had my usual Thursday of teaching stability ball class, total body challenge, and 10 minutes of an abs class. I made total body challenge harder than normal last night. We did 9 weeks of class in Feb/March using Jillian Michaels' Hot Bod in a Box, so class lately has been less intense in comparison. We've been doing all outdoor classes with the spring evenings being so nice. So last night, I still included a few laps of jogging around the pond, but every minute I would have them stop and do 2 strength and 1 high intensity cardio exercise before resuming jogging. Oh, and did I mention they were running with dumbbells the entire time? :) It was a great workout for me too!! In addition to those 2 classes, I also fit in one more training run before race day. I had planned to do that on Wednesday, but when I woke up feeling like death, I didn't. So, I ran 4 miles around the DAS buildings just like I did on Monday, making it my last official mini training run!!

Today, I woke up feeling the best I've felt on any morning this week. I won't be going back home until after the mini tomorrow--Chad has to work, so my mom took the day off from her job to take me to the mini and pick me up. I'm lucky to be 24 and have a mother that still cares about any event I'm in and is my #1 fan. She even came to my 5K last year and admitted she got teary-eyed when I crossed THAT finish line! This morning I had to pack my bag for everything I would need tomorrow. I still have no clue what to wear. The predicted high for tomorrow is only 53 degrees, so no telling how low the temp will be at 7:30am, and the forecast is windy and maybe even rain!! Not exactly the weather I'm used to running in, which makes me nervous.... I brought a variety of workout jackets, thin cottton to heavier fleece, so it will be a game-time decision when I see just how cold it is outside. I packed everything else I could possibly need too...an assortment of medicindes; first aid cream, Advil, Claritin, Tums, Airbourne (which has helped me this week), as well as a Ziploc bag of oatmeal, walnuts, 2 packs of Splenda, and a pinch of cinnamon for my pre-race breakfast. Overpack much??

For lunch today, we had a going-away party for our NIFS interns with food from Noodles. I enjoy that restaurant on any given day, but especially on a day where you need pasta! After lunch we went to the Convention Center to pick up our mini packets--it's always exciting to be in that race environment. I'm bib number 28344 this year. They had the countdown clock going; 17 hours until race kick-off!

The plan for dinner tonight is Buca di Beppo...and now you see why it's carb day!
I hope I can sleep well tonight. The only time I've spent the night at my mom's new place was the night before my wedding, so I associate that room and bed with anxiousness, struggling to fall asleep and the noise of the nearby trains going by.

For everyone out there running the Mini tomorrow, happy carb-loading, peaceful nights of sleep, and good luck tomorrow! ENJOY and we'll share stories at the finish line.....

No comments:

Post a Comment