Saturday, March 20, 2010

Let's Buy Bikes!

On the weekend of March 13-14, my run was supposed to be 8 miles, and I was determined to get outdoors for my first long run of the season not on a treadmill. However, Mother Nature had other plans for me--it was rainy and chilly compared to the 60-70 degree weather we had experienced leading up to the weekend. Combined with that, we had spent some time on both days of the weekend visiting my husband Chad's grandfather in the hospital as he was recovering from a heart surgery--so other things were going on that weekend that seemed more important in the scheme of life.

The other surprise of the weekend is that Chad and I finally forked over the money (yay tax return!) and bought 2 mountain bikes! We spent a great deal of time picking them out and then taking our first (although brief because of the weather ) bike ride together, so the guilt I had been feeling for not running was lifted since we were being active by other means and had made a purchase we had been talking about and dreaming of for quite some time.

So, week 3 of mini-marathon training was a wash. Lesson in being flexible, but I had already completed the mileage I wanted to be at this week, 7 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment